Thursday, June 01, 2006

Experiment : Dessert - 1 : Gulabi Phirni

I think I am hooked on to Ashwini's blog - recipe is right here. I meant to post this when I tried the recipe two weeks back, but, never mind. Basically, I need this blog so that I can tag all the food items I keep reading and drooling about.

I pretty much followed her recipe - used 2% reduced milk instead of combination of whole milk and normal one. Did not have rose water, but had gulkand luckily. Gulkand reduces heat in the body so this recipe has gone straight into my healthy dessert list. I had to keep it on medium heat for 35 mins or so. The results were too good. A little too sweet but worthwhile the effort of stirring for that long. Instead of matkas, I froze them in the coffee mugs!!! :-) I think it is Gulkand that increases sweetness, may be sugar can be reduced to compensate.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ashwini said...

I think this is by far the best compliment I have ever received. I am so thrilled you tried a few of my recipes, even though you didnt like some of them :-D
So many factors can make a dish turn out differently - brand used, personal preference and so on...
I do hope you will give tavsalli a shot again and hit upon the right balance for yourself...(what can I say..I am thoroughly biased about this dish)! :-)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger appalam vadaam said...

Thanks for dropping by Ashwini. I sure am gonna try tavsalli again - but it might wait for there are so many food bloggers and so many different things to try!!! :-) BTW, I've just asked my mom to send me her version of my favourite foodies and the list has some 44 food items - I hope to try all of them as well - may be will post those after sometime!!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home