Friday, August 25, 2006

Krishna Jayanthi Special

I meant to post this long back, but was recovering from the aftereffects of making the various items for Krishna Jayanthi/Gokulaashtami. Lord Krishna is welcomed in all our houses on the Ashtami (8th day) of Krishna Paksha (waning phase of moon) in the month of Shravana. In Tamil we say - Avani Rohini Ashtami



In order to welcome the cutie little mischevous kid, we make cheedai, murukku, aval vellam (Poha), appam, and also keep his favourites namely, the milk, butter and curd! I drew the cute little Krishnar Kaal in some tiny space in my completely carpeted apartment near the front door and the one in the pic. Go ahead, take a guess on what I have drawn it on in the pic!

And here is the only (blurred sigh!) photo of my spread -




Recipes in the next subsequent posts! :-)

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger TS Malini said...

So nice to see your msg which you have posted in Blogger site.

Malini

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is the first blog I have viewed and posted reg cooking. You are doing gr8. Thanks a lot.
SriKrishna, Mumbai, India

 

Post a Comment

<< Home