Friday, July 14, 2006

Experiment : Masale Bhaat

Gee...either it is coincidence - no....it can be nothing but coincidence that I keep trying Ashwini's recipes!!! I tried this recipe today with Capsicum (Bell Peppers) instead of Gherkins, and shredded coconut (roasted) instead of the Copra - WOW!!!! :-) Am waiting to hear K's rants on how his lunch was! As for me, with a dash of lime/lemon, and coriader leaves (cilantro) for seasoning, the taste is just fabulous! I ran out of cashewnuts - even peanuts would taste lovely - I love its colour, taste everything!!! Somehow reminds me of Vangi Bhaat!

4 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Ashwini said...

Hey V dear, glad you liked the masale bhath and the pancakes. I am always happy to know any variations tried by my buddies. So shredded coconut worked. And Priya added peanuts and they tasted great too. So there you go.
About the pancakes - looks like I have a sixth sense about your fridge? :-)
Glad you liked them. 1/2 cup jaggery?! Join the sweet tooth club!!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ashwini said...

PS - forgot to mention I am happy you tried the rice with bell peppers. Gherkins are not that common so its a good option

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger appalam vadaam said...

Ashwini - you bet - the sixth sense!!! :-)

Never was so sweet toothed - it was quite gradual that I started liking a pinch more of sweetness.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Krithika said...

I tried Ashwini's Masale bhath too and have a picture of it in my blog. Delicious isn't it ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home